Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Triangle Open Mic Night is a Go

Open Mic Night will happen on April 23rd, 7-9pm in Lab Theater! I sent out an email to the whole school with the announcement just before March break and designed posters over break that I will hopefully put up soon. I spoke with someone at my school so there will be a microphone, which will help everyone to hear. The next step is organizing food, I guess.
In terms of publishing, I've been rejected from most of the places I submitted to, which isn't as soul-crushing as I always expected publishing rejection letters to be. It didn't damage my faith in myself as a writer or anything. Really, they just made me want to send my work out to more magazines and see what happens. However, I still haven't heard back from a couple places so I'm going to wait before submitting anywhere else.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to use the proper tape for your posters. See Mr. McGivern for a roll.

    ReplyDelete