Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Presentation

I've been thinking a lot about my presentation for Alumnae Weekend. It's interesting how I will be telling the story of my stories in a way, how they started out as the result of Starbucks caffeine and become so much more polished thanks to my mentor. I want to share some of my writing during the presentation but I also want to include visuals so it's not just me, standing and reading. I don't know if I will try to find photographs or select key lines to show in my PowerPoint. Either way, I definitely want something for my audience to look at while I'm speaking.
I also want to give them access to my other work. I will probably end up self-publishing my stories on Medium before the presentation and then have cards to hand out for anyone who wants to read more. I don't mind self-publishing, though six months ago I was very opposed to it. Medium will still let my stories be read and hopefully enjoyed, which is what I've wanted all along so I think it will be a good place to put my final work.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great posts! The Open Mic is a terrific next step in your project, exploring another aspect of writing that will go very well with your previous work.

    I am impressed that your thoughts have changed on publication. This is a good and mature thing to do.

    Getting published is certainly soul crushing. I am glad that your soul remains intact and is actually flourishing!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your final blog? This is part of your final grade for this course.

    ReplyDelete