Friday, December 4, 2015

Submitting

I've officially submitted one story to Glimmertrain magazine, One Teen Story, and Canvas Teen Literary Journal. I still have a couple more places to submit to but my December 8 deadline isn't quite so terrifying anymore. Narrowing down the list to about 8 magazines involved trying estimate my chances of my writing being accepted at each magazine and, similar to the college process, finding safety, possible, and reach magazines that would fit my work.
Thankfully, there is a surprising amount of information on the Internet about submitting short stories. I researched everything from where to submit to how to write a cover letter for this project and was surprised by the sheer amount of information. There were multiple websites to read for almost everything I looked up. It makes sense considering how many people attempt to publish short stories but the topic also seems like such a small niche that I expected much less information. Thankfully, I was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Katey, thanks for catching up!

    I am glad that you are feeling better about submitting work. Gaining information, then making actual steps toward your goal can alleviate the anxiety that can go along with the creative process. Congratulations on your work so far and keep up the great effort!

    ReplyDelete