Thursday, December 10, 2015

Next Steps

I met with my mentor on Tuesday and we discussed what to do during this 'wait time'. Some of the places I submitted work to will respond fairly 'quickly' (2 months), others will take much longer (6 months). It's a little frustrating because I want to know the results right now, but I also think this 'wait time' will be interesting as I can be flexible with what I want to do.
My mentor and I decided that looking into contests I can enter my work into would be a good next step. I will begin researching once the semester ends (8 days until Revels!!!) and return from winter break with a list of possibilities, much as I did while looking for literary magazines. What I think will be interesting about contests is if they have more narrow requirements-theme, line, etc.-than literary magazines and how I will work around that.

1 comment:

  1. It would be interesting to publish your list here. That would provide a good sense of what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete